I use this so I don’t need to check what is my iPhone IP address every time or disable VPN to connect properly with SSH over network. For Mac it’s relatively easy follow this link:
For Windows I tried this morning had some issues but finally resolved it and here’s how I do it.
itunnel_mux_rev71.zipfrom Google Code
- Extract it to a folder, for example I extracted to
c:\usb\itunnel_mux.exe --iport 22 --lport 2222
if it’s succesfull you will see this message with UDID (I redacted my UDID)
If you face below error:
[ERROR] Error 0x2 (2): 'No such file or directory' [FATAL] Could not locate 'Apple Mobile Device Support' folder path in registry: ABORTING
then you need to install iTunesDriver64_0205.exe
- Do not close window on Step 2, Open MinGW/Git bash and type:
ssh [email protected] -p 2222
That’s it! Congratulations, You have just successfully tunnel your iDevice from USB and now you can SSH securely.
- Complete guide NextCloud + External HDD NTFS + Nginx Proxy Manager - September 18, 2020
- How to Setup a Forever Free SSH access to Raspberry Pi without port forward - September 7, 2020
- Tips and tricks for your Raspberry Pi - August 25, 2020