What is this about:
Quick guide how to integrate XAMPP with PHP 7.3 or later with Oracle 11g with this idea you I think you can integrate later version of oracle, in this guide I am using windows 10 (64 bit)
What you need:
- Oracle Instant Client 12.2 (32 bit) – Support Oracle 11g
How to do it:
- Oracle Client Installed
- Install XAMPP, Open XAMPP Control Panel and Start the Apache
- Visit http://localhost/dashboard/phpinfo.php via your browser to see the thread safety mode of the installed PHP.
- Now that we know Thread Safety is enabled we need to download OCI 2.2 with TS (Thread Safety)
- Extract the file (php_oci8-2.2.0-7.3-ts-vc15-x86.zip) and you should find php_oci8_11g.dll move it to the directory of xampp/php/ext
- Extract the Oracle Instant Client 12.2 (instantclient-basic-nt-18.104.22.168.0.zip) inside your Oracle Client location
- Add the directory of instantClient_12_2 into environment variable under System Variable
- Edit php.ini from XAMPP Control Panel
- Add extension=php_oci8_11g.dll into php.ini
- Now restart the Apache and try to open phpinfo again, you should find OCI8 active there
Hi! I am the admin of this blog and I love to watch and learn go even write about it and love to share my programming knowledge.